Table of Content
- 1. Formats for filing Annual Returns revised
- 2. Details of outward and inward supplies liable to RCM made during the FY (Part – II) to be prepared based on GSTR – 3B
- 3. Change in heading for (Part – II) – All supplies to be declared
- 4. Mandatory filing of GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B before filing of GSTR-9
- 5. Payment of additional liability through Form DRC-03
- 6. ITC availed for the previous financial year (Table 13)
- 7. Supplies subject to tax under RCM (Table 5C)
- 8. HSN wise summary of inward supplies (Table 18)
1. Formats for filing Annual Returns revised
Revised Formats for filing Annual Return in Form GSTR – 9, Form GSTR – 9A, Form GSTR – 9C have been notified.
The summary of changes made in GSTR – 9 is given below:
2. Details of outward and inward supplies liable to RCM made during the FY (Part – II) to be prepared based on GSTR – 3B
There was a lack of clarity as to whether GSTR-9 has to be prepared on the basis of GSTR-1 or GSTR-3B.
It has now been clarified that all the outward supplies for which payment has been made through FORM GSTR-3B for the months of July 2017 to March 2018 shall be declared in the Part II of the GSTR – 9.
3. Change in heading for (Part – II) – All supplies to be declared
There was a confusion based on the earlier format whether the information in Part II was merely a summary of information already filed in the periodical returns.
As per the revised forms, the actual supplies during the Financial year whether or not reported in the periodical returns is required to be reported.
4. Mandatory filing of GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B before filing of GSTR-9
The CBIC has clarified that the Annual Return can be filed only if the periodical returns in GSTR – 1 and GSTR – 3B are filed. Taxpayers can also take the benefit of extension in the due dates for filing of GSTR – 1 and GSTR – 3B for rectifying any omissions/ corrections.
know more about GST return filling services
5. Payment of additional liability through Form DRC-03
At the time of filing of GSTR – 9, if there is any additional liability resultant , the same may be declared in GSTR – 9. The additional liability is required to be paid through FORM DRC – 03 only through the electronic cash ledger.
Changes in heading of Part-III: The heading of Part-III has been changed from “Details of ITC as declared in returns filed during financial year” to the “Details of ITC for the financial year”.
6. ITC availed for the previous financial year (Table 13)
It is clarified that ITC availed should include any ITC reversed in the FY 2017-18 (due delay in payment to vendor beyond 180 days) but was reclaimed in the FY 2018-19 after making payment to the vendor.
7. Supplies subject to tax under RCM (Table 5C)
Earlier, the value of supplies subject to reverse charge and tax payable thereon were required to be disclosed.
As per the amendment to the forms, only the taxable value is required to be disclosed.
8. HSN wise summary of inward supplies (Table 18)
It has been clarified that HSN wise summary of inward supplies/ services has to be reported only for those supplies which independently account for 10% or more of total value of inward supplies/ services.
No ITC availment through GSTR-9: It is clarified that taxpayers cannot claim any unclaimed ITC of FY 2017-18 through the Annual Return. All unclaimed ITC has to be claimed through GSTR-3B only. The taxpayers may use the extended due date of 31 March 2019 for rectifying any anomalies.
Read more about GST Audit services